How do you shift your mindset to focus on losing weight? How do you keep yourself motivated to maintain that mindset?
For years I have tried to shift my mindset but failed successfully. I realized after all those years of trying that I need to figure out what is going on internally that kept blocking me from losing weight. I think for the most part gaining all this weight became my protection, a shield from what was going on in my life. Then when I would get fed up and I would go on a diet. I do good for the first couple of weeks only to fall into my old habits.
After years of failed attempts I still want to reach my goal of losing weight. The key to achieving success in any goals is you have to believe. You have to have the right mindset with no doubt. If you keep saying “I have no self control or I am going to fail” well you will. You have to change it up and saying something like, I know I failed before but this time I will succeed!
I will continue to focus on getting healthy by living the vegan lifestyle.
- Not eating animal products, no dairy and oil
- Go walking daily
- Get up an hour earlier and take time for myself.
- Go to bed at a reasonable time.
- Write a gratitude list daily in my journal. I have been doing this for two months now and it is so helpful.
- Listen to a podcast and / or read a motivational book that will inspire me to remain focused.
- Drink 1/2 my body weight in water through ounces.
Yes this is a tall order but it is doable. I accept the obstacles that may appear but will not allow those obstacles to slow me down. I want to eat to live and not live to eat. I am getting older and noticing that I need to make healthier choices. I am noticing how certain foods are just messing with my stomach. So now is the time.
So far I am on the road to achieving my goal. So excited.
I will focus on progress over perfection.
So how I plan to maintain this mindset is by :
- Staying positive and keeping my focus on the final result.
- Continue to make healthy choices and if I stray not to beat myself up. Accept that I am human, the world will not end, and I just need to make better choices on the next meal. Don’t beat myself up.
- I will not focus on the scale, just gauge the transformation through my clothes.
- Take pictures of daily progress.
- Find accountability through friends
- Focus on today. Do what you can today.
- Remember why you are doing this.
The weight gain was not overnight, so how can I think it will be overnight success.
Its the work you have to put in to get to your destination. It is the muddy middle. It won’t be easy. It is the reality part that is the hardest.
Just focus on the now! And when you make the right choice, you are one step closer to your goal.
Do not doubt yourself.
We as a society like instant gratification, immediate results. Unfortunately losing weight is not immediate it is work. I understand that, I don’t like it, but I understand. Ugh.
So baby steps. Learn to “Push through the muddy middle”. Find the drive that makes you break and shift that mindset toward the strength that helps you push through to get to the gratification you really want.
Join me! We can do it together. Only you have the power to make the right choice! Only you can shift your mindset to reach your weight loss goal.
Have a great day.