Do you face stress on a regular? I know I definitely have those moments. How can someone create art and reduce stress and quiet the mind from all that noise? Does that seem so far fetched? Absolutely not. There has been many studies using art therapy to test how it can help people reduce stress and relax the mind. These findings suggest that just by creating a simple piece of art can reduce his or her moods dramatically.
I can reference so many articles that say art can reduce stress, relax the mind, help minimize trauma symptoms, and help with dementia patients but I will leave that up to the professionals. All I can say it takes me into a happy place. Even if you do not draw you still can color or even scribble, doodle. I truly believe everyone can draw. Just take a pen or pencil and start making lines.
I needed to relax, clear my mind, and reduce stress. So I picked up my paintbrush and put color on the tip and dragged it across the page. By the time I got to the end of these paintings my mind was so clear, relaxed and stress free.
My suggestion to help you relax your mind and reduce stress is pick up a pencil or paintbrush and take to the paper.
Reduce Stress – Just Draw!
- What ever is on your mind, even if it is just a line. Start there and see where it takes you.
- Grab a coloring book. In the last few years they became so popular. No thinking involved. Fun for all ages
- Remember the paint by number canvas? You can still buy them.
- Journal. I am big on journalling. You can draw out things that you did throughout the day if you enjoy sketching instead of writing. Have fun!
- Join an art class online or one in your neighborhood.
- Just doodle! Take 20 minutes out of your day and embrace your inner creative child. Time for them to come and play!
- Join an art challenge
These are a few of the books I have to keep me stress free. I love each one and have fun drawing, painting, doodling and coloring in every one of them. Yup if that is not a bit of my squirrellyartmama in me then I don’t know what is. I love books because it helps me relax, gets me to play, and reduce stress!